Article 60 - Periodic penalty payments
- The Commission may, by decision, impose on the very large online platform concerned or other person referred to in Article 52(1), as applicable, periodic penalty payments not exceeding 5 % of the average daily turnover in the preceding financial year per day, calculated from the date appointed by the decision, in order to compel them to:
- supply correct and complete information in response to a decision requiring information pursuant to Article 52;
- submit to an on-site inspection which it has ordered by decision pursuant to Article 54;
- comply with a decision ordering interim measures pursuant to Article 55(1);
- comply with commitments made legally binding by a decision pursuant to Article 56(1);
- comply with a decision pursuant to Article 58(1).
- Where the very large online platform concerned or other person referred to in Article 52(1) has satisfied the obligation which the periodic penalty payment was intended to enforce, the Commission may fix the definitive amount of the periodic penalty payment at a figure lower than that which would arise under the original decision.